The Stranger's journey has now come full circle.
Join me in the bright sunshine at When Words Go Free...

There are still stories to be told.
Read them at The Stranger Looks Back.

Lady In Red

"You, come here," she said. What else could I do? I went. She grabbed me and kissed me. I kissed back. She told me to get in the cab. I did. On the way, her mother asked what I was doing there. I said, "She told me to get in." Her mother asked, "Do you always do what people tell you?" I answered, "When they look like her." I paid for the cab.

We slept on the floor. There may have been other people around - I was too drunk to notice. At some point I woke up to hear her coughing. She went to the bathroom and came back without her nylons on. When she lay back down, she pulled me on top of her. It was not spectacular, but it was nice. And quiet. If there were others around, they either didn't notice or pretended not to.

The next day, she told me about her boyfriend. We were in a bed then, she was naked, I was not. She wanted me to be. I didn't. I was afraid of her boyfriend showing up. This was before I knew she was telling people that I was her boyfriend. Apparently she had a few boyfriends.

Then there was the car chase. She had been at the bar, drunk and stoned, and left in a cab. Some girl that said she was her friend thought that we should follow her, so we did. In those days, I usually did what girls I didn't know told me to do. There should have been an accident. I still don't know how there wasn't. There was a car directly in front of us, then it was directly behind us. If I went around it, I didn't remember. Eventually, we lost the cab, and I drove the other girl back to the bar. Apparently she was a lesbian.

I bought tickets to a concert. We were to go together. Her grandmother was to buy her a dress for it. I couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful my lady in red would be, how we would kiss while he sang that song. I was in seventh heaven on my way to pick her up; it was going to be a magically romantic evening. I should have known better when I got there. The dress was green.
 
(Continued at Devil in a Green Dress)
 

13 comments:

Mrs Midnite said...

Some warning signs there before the green dress me thinks!

Finger Tip said...

Great narration !!!

The Beans said...

If her complexion was good enough for either color...

-French Bean

Anonymous said...

what kind of pansy writes shit like this? make a real blog you failed writer.

the wid0w said...

so im guessing the ass hole who posted before me has no followers and possibly cant even string enough coherent words together to form a blog

not sure why folk feel the need to leave comments if all they can do is insult the blogger
shows a distinct lack of character i think

heres a tip .. if you dont like some ones blog DONT FUCKING READ IT ... take your medication and move on down the road to some thing you do like

Multi-Ainjo said...

What exactly constitutes a real versus fake blog. Did I enter an alternate universe here where this isn't real?

And there are different kinds of pansies! Well shit, now I need to do some serious thinking.

Kelly said...

I do believe when you get the above kinda comments, it means you have hit it BIG!!! Congratulations Legacy :) And for from the rest of us, thanx for writing....

Steph_Boog said...

ha-ha love it! and I agree with Kelly when someone took even 20 seconds to leave a comment, that is significant in itself! ;-)

CITY said...

You have a way of capturing the reader's attention in the very beginning. Loved it!

Okie said...

well formed...intriguing...tight writing. I like it.

Admin1 said...

Wow, I was surprised to see that comment above downing your blog! That's crap. I love your blog! I started reading 25 min ago and just couldnt stop! Its so unique and very very well written! Screw that anonymous writer ! lol great work!

Freya said...

like your style, your a great writer.
I definitely keep following your stories, very catching.

Stories Inc. said...

Hey Legacy2000, so you'r a short story writer too, huh? Love your story, love your blog :)